- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, University of Arizona (1991)
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Arizona State University (1997)
- Past Editor, Arizona State University Law Journal
- Past Member, National Appellate Moot Court Team
- Outstanding Oral Advocate, Arizona State University School of Law (1994-1995)
- Admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and Arizona
- Member, Arizona Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Southern Chester County Bar Association
- Partner, Perna & Abracht, LLC (2008-present)
- Concentration in Family Law, Employment Law, Personal Injury, Estate Planning and Estate Administration, Litigation
- Past Board President, Board Vice-President, and Board Member, Historic Kennett Square (now Kennett Collaborative)
- Past Board Member, Past Chair of Financial Development Committee, and Past Chair of Membership and Programs Committee, Kennett Area YMCA
I was born and raised on Long Island, New York. I went out west in 1988 to attend college at the University of Arizona because I wanted to go somewhere I had never been and experience something completely new. I fell in love with the sun and heat and stayed in Arizona after graduating college in 1991. After working in marketing, public relations, and special events for several years, I went to law school and graduated in 1997. Upon graduating law school, I worked as an associate attorney at the largest law firm in the southwest, practicing primarily in the areas of employment law and medical malpractice defense. When I gave birth to twins in 1999, I became nostalgic for autumn leaves, White Christmases, and four seasons, and moved back east to beautiful Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania in 2003. Shortly after moving to Pennsylvania, I began practicing law in Kennett Square, handling civil matters of all kinds including family law, estate planning, estate administration, personal injury, general civil litigation, employment law, medical malpractice, and real estate. When not working, I love spending time with my three children (although my twins are now in their 20s and out of the house) and two dogs (Rex and Jolleen) who accompany me to the office and love socializing with the firm clients! I also love the beach and enjoy reading, watching sports of any kind, HGTV and the Food Network, and working-out (you can find me in the weight room at the Kennett Area YMCA five to six days a week as my work and family schedules allow).
Talk to Us Now!
Our team is ready
Reach us with your questions or concerns by filling out the form. Someone from our firm will reach out to you within 48 hours. If you are concerned about confidentiality and would rather speak to us in person...
Just call us at
For legal representation in Southeastern Pennsylvania or Northern Delaware